It occurred to me the other day that all the experts and large publications rank vacations and destinations. So, I decided to do some research. And, you know what? Paris, Provence and the French Riviera dominate every list and every writer’s mind.
Here is how SIX experts rate France in 2012 (I had to narrow it down or I’d be writing all day!)
1. The New York Times writes about Provence regularly –several times a year, waxing poetic about its incomparable beauty and superior dining and lifestyle.
2. US Travel & News Report Paris #1 Best Vacations in 2012.
3. National Geographic Luberon (Provence) Top 50 Tours of a Lifetime in 2012
4. Travel Channel rated (Paris) a top destination in 2012
5. Weather Channel chooses a St Tropez beach as among the 10 best in the world, and other spots in France as among the best food, wine, and most romantic –on each of their top 10 lists.
6. Without Borders lists 5 places in FRANCE as among their 100 Most Beautiful Places in the World.
Below is a taste of what makes France so Blissful.
That the local restaurant uses this fountain to fill their water carafes –and so do we!
You can taste fruits and FINE wines at this stand by the side of the road (I once tasted 30 year old wines here –believe it or not! I came in for a melon and left 3 hours later after tasting about 16 incredible vintages…and buying a few!)
Villages really do look like this from your bedroom window and as you walk to market!
Lavender. The Lavender Festival. The Markets. The bounty!
Art: Whether you’re looking or making!
(by Michel –our talented artist in Paris!)
And, my favorite of all: Poppies in May!